If it’s your first time, just wear something light and casual such as a t-shirt and shorts. Exercise or “gym” attire is appropriate. You may be provided a temporary “club Gi” until you are able to obtain one of your own. TCJ can help order a gi for you, or you can buy one online. Students MUST have their OWN gi (uniform) within a week of joining.
• Typical attire is a judo or jiu-jitsu gi – either can be worn to class
• Long hair should be braided or tied up
• Fingernails and toenails should be clean and trimmed
• Body & hair should be clean, and your gi should be washed weekly
• No jewelry, including earrings, necklaces, watches/fitness trackers, & body piercings – smooth wedding band ok
No Horseplay or Bullying!
No Shoes on the mat.
Bow when you enter and leave the mat.
Address the Judo instructor as “Sensei”.
Fingernails & Toenails MUST be clean & trimmed.
Wash your Gi weekly.
No Leaving Drinks or Sportsbottles in Fridge
Wash Gi (Uniform) Daily
Clean Hands and Feet (fingernails & toenails trimmed)
Foot Bath if Leaving Mat
Wear Gis to Dojo
No bottles left in fridge or Dojo
Shower before Class
Rashguards recommended under Gi
Masks not required but allowed